Sunday 26 June 2011

google.es


Google Dictionary has undergone makeover and now looks very crisp. It is an online dictionary tool by Google to know meaning of any possible word. Besides the meaning, it shows related synonyms, verbs, phrases, associated languages and web definition. Here is Google Dictionary result for word ‘anger’:
I'm going to be honest here, this is a terrible change. I've given it a few days but it simply does not compare with the previous define page. I used to just be able to type "define:word" in Chrome's URL bar and hit enter to receive a nice page of web definitions. I can no longer do this with the new define command. Instead I get taken to a search page with two definitions which may or may not be the ones I am looking for. Clicking a link for "More »" brings me to the new Dictionary page, which is cluttered and unappealing. I do not need related words, I do not need related languages, I do not need usage examples from random news articles, etc. To top it all off "web definitions", which were previously used by default, are now at the very bottom of the page. I used to be able to define words on the fly without making a single click. You are now forcing me to make a couple clicks and scroll down a page to get the results I came for. This is not efficient. As the  company that develops Google Chrome you should fully understand this. You've completely ruined the define page for those who had come to love it. I personally used it on a daily basis. How disappointing.

google.es
google_logos.jpg (337×567)

google.es
4431917973_c4eb287878.jpg (374×131)
google.es
google-Navigateur.jpg (549×458)
google.es
worth.php (310×167)
google.es
ProblemasVisionGoogle.jpg (540×342)
google.es
googleestuamigo_preguntas_respuestas.gif (400×327)
google.es
4478550_f520.jpg (520×325)
google.es
Google_Wonder_Wheel.png (662×388)
google.es
google-uses.gif (500×292)


Google es puro amor

Trabajando en google / Working for google [1]

No comments:

Post a Comment